Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Planning! Planning! Planning!

Half the work in a camping trip is the planning! It is one thing if you are going to be near a town - close enough to take a quick drive to pick something up! But we have had camping trips where the closest town is 40 minutes away. Pain in the rump to have to drive to pick up something you forgot! Find the way that works for you to plan - my way is lists! While we have extra clothes, warm socks, spare shoes etc in the RV, I always have to make a menu. I run through in my mind how to make each thing so that I don't forget some small (but usually important!) ingredient!
I am in the process of doing this right now as we are headed up to Fort Flagler (review will be posted!) for the weekend. I certainly cannot 'run to the store' for something up there, so this menu and accompanying grocery list will be important! Just remember to have fun with any camp you are on and if you DO forget an ingredient, don't stress! I always have a plan B, which usually involves using one of the basics I keep stocked in the RV. 
Happy RV'ing!

No comments:

Post a Comment